Monarque M - Saffron
The new batch of the Monarque M for 2023 is now available.
The price of the Monarque M is 9950 CHF (15,240 Singapore dollars). We kindly request a 50% deposit on order, with the remainder before delivery (along with any transaction fees if applicable).
We have a small number of watches available to ship immediately, but otherwise the waitlist for delivery is 6-9 months.
To order, simply click “add to cart” here and secure your watch with the deposit in Singapore dollars.
The Monarque M Saffron takes the original Monarque concept to the extreme, resulting in a refined diving watch of elegant design and unsurpassed quality, with a flamboyant, rich yellow dial and bezel that exude the la dolce vita of summer by the Riviera.
Christened after the rarest and most valuable spice since antiquity, and embodying saffron's rich, sumptuously majestic yellow-orange hue in all its splendour, the Monarque M Saffron was borne out of our Founder's personal search for a light-hearted summery sports watch that would still be able to hold its own with its high horology movement and exquisitely-finished case, while still remaining tasteful and elegant in design and refined with its svelte proportions. The perfect watch in our opinion to pair with an ossobucco saffron risotto and a vintage franciacorta on your yacht in Portofino.
Equipped with a highly-exclusive and magnificently hand-finished microrotor movement in its highest specification, and encased in a rugged yet refined, slender case, the Monarque M is accompanied with full Vaucher CLA Chronometry certification.
The first 10 watches of the Monarque M Saffron have our Founder's initials BCHH engraved on the microrotor in place of the Milléchron Seal. These exclusive first few watches comprise the rarefied Monarque M Founder's Edition.
Six very fine polished lines highlight the case edges, each painstakingly polished by hand, contrasted with satin brushing on the sides of the case, truly a testament to the impressive case finishing of the Monarque M.
Monarque M features an extremely svelte and refined case - 10.4mm inclusive of domed sapphire crystal and 200m water resistance.
It is the first watch in the world to use the newest version of the Vaucher 5401, now exhibiting significantly improved hand-finishing with four internally bevelled angles, elegantly-shaped bridges and with improved timekeeping performance.
The choice of 904L stainless steel, the highest grade of stainless steel used in watchmaking, for the case of the Monarque, reflects Milléchron's relentless pursuit of excellence. 904L is eight times greater in material cost than the more common 316L, and requires its own bespoke set of moulds which must be replaced more often, but is far more resistant to tarnish and polishes to a higher brightness than its lesser sibling. It is also far more laborious and requires greater skill to hand-finish, especially with the Monarque's six intricate polished lines. As an example of our conscientious attention to detail, even the crown and proprietary deployant clasp are in 904L stainless steel, where lesser brands would not have bothered.
All Milléchron watches are created, assembled and serviced in the atelier of Philippe Cattin, co-founder of Voutilainen & Cattin, in the tranquil town of Saignelégier in the canton of Jura, Switzerland. Although all Milléchron watches qualify as SWISS MADE, we intentionally omit printing this designation on our dials in the interest of aesthetic elegance, and because we believe our quality speaks for itself. On our casebacks are engraved "Handcrafted in Switzerland", reflecting the artisanal, small-batch craftsmanship of our watches.
We understand that the high import taxes of the European Union present a possible obstacle to some of our potential clients. To alleviate any stress in your decision to acquire our exceptional watches, we are willing to arrange tax-free shipping for the first five watches sold to clients in the EU, so you will not need to worry about paying any import tax or duties on your Monarque M. Should this be an issue for our potential clients from other countries, feel free to contact us and we will see what we can do to best assist you.
The Monarque M Saffron
- Available in 904L Stainless Steel
- Five year global warranty
- Elite Travel & Lifestyle Benefits conferred upon
- owner, including complimentary room upgrades, dining credit and VIP treatment at hundreds of hotels worldwide (contact Milléchron Concierge to arrange)
- SWISS MADE - Handcrafted individually by our artisan watchmakers in the idyllic Swiss alpine town of Saignelégier, in the canton of Jura, with love, great care and utmost dedication, in accordance with centuries of Swiss watchmaking tradition.
Because of the extensive hand-finishing involved, our watchmakers are only able to produce 4-5 pieces of the Monarque M per month - a total of less than 60 watches each year.
- Vaucher Manufacture Fleurier Calibre 5401/32 with signed gold tungsten rotor
- Milléchron is the first brand in the world to use this new calibre, which is the latest version of the Vaucher 5401 microrotor featuring a significantly improved rotor design, resulting in superior chronometry
- Microrotor automatic movement with classic haute horlogerie finishing
- Variable inertia balance with gold inertia blocks allows for better operating stability
- Rapid rotation barrel
- Tungsten microrotor with sunray brushing
- Height 2.6mm
- Diameter 30.00mm
- 21,600 vph
- Approx 48 hour power reserve
- Mobile stud holder
- Flat balance
- 160 components
- 29 rubies
- Hacking function
Movement Finishing and Special Characteristics -
- Circular-grained plate on dial side and bridge side
- Fine circular-graining under balance, rhodium-plated
- Bridges with Côtes de Genève and rhodium-plating
- Bicolour engraving
- Motion-work bridge rhodium-plated and circular-grained, dial side
- Bevels, counterbores and apertures diamond-polished
- Ceramic ball bearings
- Pivots and flanges rolled
- Wheels circular-grained on two faces
- Flat-head screws, polished
- Bridges hand-bevelled with piercer
- Four internally-bevelled angles, exhibiting the highest level of movement hand-finishing
- Vaucher CLA Chronometry certification
Dial and Hands -
- Solid sunburst dial
- Complex faceted hand-applied hour markers that increase visiblity and aesthetic interest
- SuperLuminova X1 lume
- Faceted and lumed hour, minute and seconds hands in our proprietary semi-skeletal design
- Lumed small seconds hand
- Polished small seconds ring
Case and Bezel -
- 904L stainless steel
- Engraved sapphire bezel filled with SuperLuminova X1 lume
- Unidirectional 120 click bezel
- Bombée lugs case with extensive hand-finishing
- Fine satin brushing on case sides
- Six fine polished lines
- highlighting the case edges, painstakingly finished by hand
- Tactile signed crown
- Screwed down crown, also in 904L stainless steel
- Screwed down caseback
- 200m water resistant
- 42mm case diameter
- 10.4mm thin including crystal
- 51mm lug to lug
- 20mm strap width at lugs
- Double domed front sapphire crystal with AR coating
- Rear sapphire crystal
- Brushed 904L stainless steel deployant clasp with engraved Milléchron Seal, with extendable diver's extension, with internal perlage finishing, exclusive to Milléchron
- Natural rubber strap with bespoke diamond pattern design, exclusive to Milléchron
- Handmade water-resistant stingray straps available as an option
- Pure cotton or linen nato straps hand-embroidered for us in Naples, Italy available as an option