Monarque - Racing Green
The new batch of the Monarque for 2022 is now available.
The price of the Monarque is 3950 CHF (5980 Singapore dollars). We kindly request a 50% deposit on order, with the remainder before delivery (along with any transaction fees if applicable).
We have a small number of watches available to ship immediately, but otherwise the waitlist for delivery is 6-9 months.
To order, simply click “add to cart” here and secure your watch with the deposit in Singapore dollars.
The Monarque, the current flagship of Milléchron, is a top-tier luxury diving watch, powered by the Vaucher double barrel automatic calibre 3002, encased in solid hand-finished 904L stainless steel, with a fumée dial inspired by vintage diving watches of the 1960s, accompanied with full Vaucher CLA Chronometry certification.
The choice of 904L stainless steel, the highest grade of stainless steel used in watchmaking, for the case of the Monarque, reflects Milléchron's relentless pursuit of excellence. 904L is eight times greater in material cost than the more common 316L, and requires its own bespoke set of moulds which must be replaced more often, but is far more resistant to tarnish and polishes to a higher brightness than its lesser sibling. It is also far more laborious and requires greater skill to hand-finish, especially with the Monarque's three intricate polished lines. As an example of our conscientious attention to detail, even the crown and proprietary deployant clasp are in 904L stainless steel, where lesser brands would not have bothered.
- Available in two colours - Azure and Racing Green
- 5 year global warranty
- SWISS MADE - Handcrafted individually by our artisan watchmakers in the idyllic Swiss alpine town of Saignelégier, in the canton of Jura, with love, great care and utmost dedication, in accordance with centuries of Swiss watchmaking tradition.
Because of the extensive hand-finishing involved, our watchmakers are only able to produce 2-3 pieces of the Monarque per month - a total of less than 40 watches each year.
- Vaucher calibre 3002 with signed rotor
- Automatic movement with haute horlogerie finishing
- Double barrel allows for better operating stability
- Tungsten rotor (offering winding efficiency superior to 18K gold)
- Height 3.7mm
- Diameter 23.3mm
- 28,800 vph
- Approx 50 hour power reserve
Movement Finishing and Special Characteristics -
- Circular-grained plate on dial side and bridge side
- Motion-work bridge rhodium-plated and circular-grained, dial side
- Bevels, counterbores and apertures diamond-polished
- Ceramic ball bearings
- Pivots and flanges rolled
- Wheels circular-grained on two faces
- Flat-head screws, locked
- Bridges hand-bevelled with piercer
- Vaucher CLA Chronometry certification
Dial and Hands -
- Fumée sunburst dial
- Complex faceted hour markers that increase visiblity and aesthetic interest
- SuperLuminova X1 lume
- Faceted and lumed hour, minute and seconds hands in our proprietary semi-skeletal design
Case and Bezel -
- 904L stainless steel
- Engraved sapphire bezel filled with SuperLuminova X1 lume
- Unidirectional 120 click bezel
- Bombée lugs case with extensive hand-finishing
- Tactile signed crown
- Screwed down crown, also in 904L stainless steel
- Screwed down caseback
- 200m water resistant
- 40.5mm case diameter
- 11.5mm thin
- 46.8mm lug to lug
- 20mm strap width at lugs
- Double domed front sapphire crystal with AR coating
- Rear sapphire crystal
- Brushed 904L stainless steel deployant clasp with engraved Milléchron Seal, with extendable diver's extension, with internal perlage finishing, exclusive to Milléchron
- Caoutchouc natural rubber strap with bespoke diamond pattern design, exclusive to Milléchron
- Handmade stingray straps available as an option
- Pure cotton nato strap hand-embroidered for us in Naples, Italy available as an option